Sunday, January 13, 2013

Introduction

Introduction My name is Ryan Baxendale and I am an 18 year old senior at Westborough high school. I am very involved in many things as a student at Westborough high school, including sports, community service, and academics. I play football, hockey, and lacrosse, but have to sit out my senior year of hockey and lacrosse due to a torn ACL that occurred during the Thanksgiving Day football game. I am a family, man and family is the entity in my life that I value most. I have a big family as a result of both parents being divorced, and the big family makes leads to appreciate everything that I have. I decided to partake in the Facing History and Ourselves course because I had heard many good things about it from other students in the school. I had heard that it was not just a normal class, but one that you want to get involved in, and a class that keeps your attention every single day. This was something that made me want to take the class, and get involved in the class. I also chose to take the course because I wanted to learn more about the Holocaust. The Facing History and Ourselves course is one that takes you through the experiences of the Holocaust from a first person view of a Jewish person. It also puts you through situations that are involved with race and discrimination. It’s the type of class that will impact you as a person and change the way you may view certain things in life. It gives you an understanding of how the Holocaust happened and how horrible it was. This course is a course that everyone should partake in.

No comments:

Post a Comment